The Oracle Data Integrator 19c (ODI) course is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of Oracle’s data integration solution. Participants will learn how to leverage ODI to efficiently and effectively integrate and transform data from various sources into target systems. The course covers topics such as ODI architecture, data models, mappings, transformations, and best practices for data integration projects. Participants will gain hands-on experience with ODI tools and techniques to develop, deploy, and manage data integration solutions.
To derive maximum benefit from this course, participants should have a basic understanding of relational database concepts and familiarity with SQL. Prior knowledge of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) concepts and data integration tools would be beneficial but not mandatory.
The course utilizes a combination of theoretical instruction, demonstrations, and hands-on labs. Participants will receive detailed explanations of ODI concepts and techniques, followed by practical demonstrations of their implementation. They will also have the opportunity to apply their learning in hands-on labs, gaining practical experience in developing and managing data integration solutions using ODI. The course is delivered through instructor-led sessions, allowing participants to interact, ask questions, and engage in discussions.
- Introduction to Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- Overview of data integration concepts and challenges
- Introduction to Oracle Data Integrator and its architecture
- Understanding ODI components and tools
- Overview of data integration scenarios and use cases
- ODI Architecture and Components
- Understanding the architecture of Oracle Data Integrator
- Overview of ODI Studio and ODI Agent
- Introduction to ODI repositories and work repositories
- ODI Topology and ODI Security concepts
- ODI Models and Datastores
- Creating and managing ODI models
- Defining physical and logical data models
- Implementing ODI datastores and data servers
- Configuring ODI technologies and connectivity
- Building ODI Mappings and Transformations
- Introduction to ODI mappings and transformations
- Defining source and target datastores
- Implementing transformations using ODI interfaces
- Leveraging ODI Knowledge Modules for data integration
- ODI Development and Deployment
- Creating and managing ODI projects
- Versioning and promoting ODI objects
- Building and deploying ODI packages
- Monitoring and managing ODI executions
- Advanced ODI Techniques
- Implementing advanced transformations using ODI expressions and functions
- Utilizing ODI variables and user functions
- Developing reusable ODI scenarios and templates
- Implementing error handling and data quality controls
- Best Practices for ODI Development
- ODI design patterns and best practices
- Performance optimization techniques in ODI
- Managing metadata and change data capture (CDC) in ODI
- Debugging and troubleshooting ODI solutions
- ODI Integration with Other Oracle Tools
- Integrating ODI with Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE)
- Leveraging ODI with Oracle Data Warehousing solutions
- ODI integration with Oracle GoldenGate for real-time data integration
- Using ODI with Oracle Cloud solutions
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- Understand the concepts and architecture of Oracle Data Integrator (ODI).
- Be proficient in developing data integration solutions using ODI.
- Possess the skills to build ODI models, mappings, and transformations.
- Understand best practices for ODI development and performance optimization.
- Be familiar with ODI deployment and execution management.
- Possess knowledge of advanced ODI techniques and error handling.
- Understand ODI integration with other Oracle tools and technologies.
- Have the ability to apply ODI to real-world data integration scenarios.
The course includes hands-on labs that provide participants with practical experience in developing and managing data integration solutions using Oracle Data Integrator (ODI). The labs cover various scenarios, allowing participants to practice ODI modeling, creating mappings and transformations, developing ODI projects and packages, executing and monitoring ODI solutions, and implementing advanced ODI techniques. The labs are designed to reinforce the concepts learned during the theoretical instruction and help participants build confidence in their ODI development and management skills.