The Disciplined Agile Coach (DAC) course is designed to provide experienced Agile practitioners and coaches with the knowledge and skills required to guide organizations in Agile transformations using the Disciplined Agile (DA) framework. The DAC certification is globally recognized and validates an individual’s expertise in Agile coaching, leadership, and transformation. This course covers advanced Agile coaching techniques, facilitation skills, and organizational change management practices necessary to enable organizations to embrace agility and achieve business success.
To enroll in the DAC course, participants should meet the following prerequisites:
- Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM) or equivalent certification.
- At least five years of experience as an Agile practitioner or coach.
- Demonstrated experience in leading Agile transformations and coaching teams.
- Strong understanding of Agile principles, practices, and Lean concepts.
The DAC course follows an interactive and participatory learning approach. It combines theoretical instruction, practical examples, case studies, and interactive activities to enhance participants’ understanding of Agile coaching and organizational transformation. The course incorporates instructor-led sessions, group discussions, individual assignments, and hands-on exercises to reinforce learning and practical application of Agile coaching concepts.
- Introduction to Disciplined Agile (DA)
- Overview of the Disciplined Agile framework
- Principles and mindset of Disciplined Agile
- Key roles and responsibilities in DA
- Agile Coaching Competencies and Skills
- Agile coaching mindset and approach
- Coaching techniques for team and organizational success
- Establishing coaching relationships and trust
- Agile Transformation and Change Leadership
- Strategies for leading Agile transformations
- Agile change management practices
- Navigating organizational culture and resistance
- Agile Team Facilitation and Collaboration
- Facilitating Agile ceremonies and workshops
- Techniques for fostering collaboration and self-organization
- Resolving conflicts and promoting team dynamics
- Organizational Agile Coaching
- Coaching at the organizational level
- Establishing Agile governance structures
- Scaling Agile and coordinating across teams
- Agile Metrics and Performance Management
- Defining Agile performance metrics
- Establishing measurement systems and tracking progress
- Using metrics for continuous improvement
- Agile Coaching Tools and Techniques
- Agile coaching tools and assessment frameworks
- Coaching models and approaches
- Coaching conversations and feedback techniques
- Continuous Learning and Professional Development
- Building a learning culture and community of practice
- Developing as an Agile coach and leader
- Mentoring and guiding Agile practitioners
Upon completion of the DAC course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles and practices of the Disciplined Agile framework.
- Guide organizations in Agile transformations and change initiatives.
- Apply Agile coaching techniques to foster team and organizational success.
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies and workshops effectively.
- Scale Agile practices and coordinate across teams.
- Establish Agile governance structures and measurement systems.
- Successfully pass the DAC certification exam.
The DAC course may include practical labs to provide participants with hands-on experience and practical application of Agile coaching concepts within the Disciplined Agile framework. Some of the lab activities may include:
- Facilitating Agile ceremonies and workshops.
- Applying coaching techniques to address real-world coaching scenarios.
- Conducting coaching conversations and providing feedback.
- Developing Agile coaching plans and assessment frameworks.
- Participating in group exercises and case studies to practice organizational change and coaching techniques.