The Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM) course is designed to provide experienced Scrum Masters and Agile practitioners with the knowledge and skills required to lead Agile teams and organizations using the Disciplined Agile (DA) framework. The DASSM certification is globally recognized and validates an individual’s expertise in Agile leadership, coaching, and facilitation. This course covers advanced Agile and Scrum concepts, practices, and tools essential for effective Agile team management, process improvement, and organizational agility.
To enroll in the DASSM course, participants should meet the following prerequisites:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification.
- At least two years of experience as a Scrum Master or Agile practitioner.
- Basic understanding of Agile principles, Scrum, and Agile project management.
The DASSM course follows an interactive and experiential learning approach. It combines theoretical instruction, practical examples, case studies, and interactive activities to enhance participants’ understanding of Agile leadership and coaching. The course incorporates instructor-led sessions, group discussions, individual assignments, and hands-on exercises to reinforce learning and practical application of Agile concepts.
- Introduction to Disciplined Agile (DA)
- Overview of the Disciplined Agile framework
- Principles and mindset of Disciplined Agile
- Key roles and responsibilities in DA
- Agile Leadership and Coaching
- Agile leadership principles and practices
- Coaching Agile teams and individuals
- Facilitating effective team collaboration
- Agile Process Improvement
- Identifying and addressing process bottlenecks
- Continuously improving Agile practices
- Agile metrics and measurement
- Agile Team Management and Facilitation
- Empowering Agile teams and self-organization
- Resolving conflicts and promoting collaboration
- Facilitating Agile ceremonies and workshops
- Scaling Agile with Disciplined Agile
- Disciplined Agile teams and scaling approaches
- Coordinating dependencies and managing enterprise risks
- Agile governance and compliance considerations
- Agile Coaching and Mentoring
- Agile coaching techniques and strategies
- Mentoring Agile team members and stakeholders
- Developing an Agile coaching plan
- Agile Leadership in Complex Environments
- Leading Agile transformations in organizations
- Navigating complex and adaptive challenges
- Influencing and inspiring change in Agile teams
Upon completion of the DASSM course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the principles and practices of the Disciplined Agile framework.
- Apply Agile leadership and coaching techniques in a variety of contexts.
- Facilitate effective team collaboration and self-organization.
- Identify and address process bottlenecks for continuous improvement.
- Lead Agile transformations and navigate complex challenges.
- Successfully pass the DASSM certification exam.
The DASSM course may include practical labs to provide participants with hands-on experience and practical application of Agile leadership and coaching concepts within the Disciplined Agile framework. Some of the lab activities may include:
- Facilitating Agile ceremonies and workshops.
- Coaching Agile teams and individuals through challenging scenarios.
- Conducting process improvement exercises and identifying bottlenecks.
- Leading discussions and group activities on Agile leadership and transformation.
- Participating in role-playing exercises to practice coaching and mentoring skills.