The Architecting on AWS (AWSA) course is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills needed to design scalable, reliable, and secure applications on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. This course is ideal for solution architects and developers who want to gain expertise in architecting applications using AWS services and best practices. Participants will learn how to make architectural decisions based on AWS architectural principles and best practices.
To fully benefit from the Architecting on AWS course, participants should have:
- Completed the AWS Technical Essentials course or have equivalent knowledge and experience.
- A basic understanding of distributed systems, general networking concepts, and multi-tier architectures.
- Familiarity with AWS services such as Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, and AWS CloudFormation.
The course follows a blended learning approach, combining instructor-led training, interactive discussions, and hands-on labs. Participants will engage in lectures, group activities, and case studies to understand the core concepts of architectural design on AWS. Hands-on labs will provide participants with practical experience in building and deploying applications using AWS services.
Introduction to Architecting on AWS
Overview of AWS services, architecture, and best practices
Understanding the Well-Architected Framework
Introduction to AWS Global Infrastructure
Designing Reliable Architectures
Design principles for high availability and fault tolerance
Choosing the right AWS services for resilience
Implementing elasticity and scalability
Designing Secure Applications
Security best practices in AWS
Identity and access management using AWS IAM
Implementing data encryption and secure storage
Designing Cost-Optimized Architectures
Cost optimization strategies and AWS pricing models
Leveraging AWS services for cost efficiency
Analyzing and optimizing costs in AWS
Designing Performant Architectures
Design considerations for performance and scalability
Choosing the right AWS services for performance optimization
Monitoring and optimizing performance in AWS
Migration and Hybrid Architectures
Strategies for migrating on-premises applications to AWS
Designing hybrid architectures for seamless integration
AWS services for data migration and replication
Upon completion of the Architecting on AWS course, participants will:
- Understand the fundamental principles of architecting applications on AWS
- Have knowledge of various AWS services and their use cases in architectural design
- Be able to make informed decisions when designing scalable, reliable, and secure applications on AWS
- Possess the skills to design cost-effective architectures that meet performance requirements
- Gain insights into best practices for application migration and hybrid architectures
- Be prepared to take the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam (optional)
- Have hands-on experience in building and deploying applications using AWS services
The course includes hands-on labs and exercises to provide participants with practical experience in architecting applications on AWS. The labs will cover topics such as designing highly available architectures, implementing security measures, optimizing performance, and integrating on-premises environments with AWS. The hands-on exercises are designed to reinforce the architectural concepts learned in the course and allow participants to apply their knowledge in real-world scenarios.