The Oracle 19c Database Tuning course is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to optimize the performance of Oracle Database 19c. Participants will learn various tuning techniques, tools, and best practices to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks. The course covers topics such as performance monitoring, SQL tuning, index optimization, memory management, and query optimization. By the end of the course, participants will be able to enhance the performance of Oracle Database applications and improve overall system efficiency.
To make the most of this course, participants should have a solid understanding of Oracle Database administration concepts and familiarity with SQL. Basic knowledge of Oracle Database tuning concepts and tools would be beneficial. It is recommended that participants have completed the Oracle 19c DBA course or possess equivalent knowledge.
The course employs a combination of theoretical instruction, demonstrations, and hands-on labs. Participants will receive detailed explanations of database tuning concepts and techniques, followed by practical demonstrations of their implementation. They will also have the opportunity to apply their learning in hands-on labs, gaining practical experience in performance tuning tasks. The course is delivered through instructor-led sessions, allowing participants to interact, ask questions, and engage in discussions.
- Introduction to Database Performance Tuning
- Understanding the importance of performance tuning
- Overview of the performance tuning process
- Database performance monitoring and diagnostics tools
- Overview of Oracle Database tuning features
- Oracle Database Architecture and Performance
- Understanding Oracle Database architecture for performance tuning
- Memory management and tuning techniques
- I/O optimization and configuration
- CPU tuning and resource management
- SQL Tuning and Optimization
- Analyzing SQL execution plans
- Identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in SQL statements
- Optimizer statistics and histograms
- Utilizing hints and SQL plan management
- Indexing and Table Optimization
- Understanding index types and their impact on performance
- Index creation, maintenance, and monitoring
- Analyzing and optimizing table structures
- Partitioning and parallelizing tables for performance improvement
- Query Optimization Techniques
- Understanding query execution and optimization
- Utilizing optimizer hints and query transformations
- Analyzing and optimizing complex queries
- Utilizing materialized views and query rewrite
- Performance Tuning Tools and Utilities
- Introduction to Oracle Enterprise Manager for performance tuning
- Using Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM)
- Utilizing SQL Tuning Advisor and SQL Access Advisor
- Performance monitoring and tuning using Oracle Performance Hub
- Memory and Resource Management
- Configuring and optimizing memory components (SGA and PGA)
- Managing memory allocation and usage
- Utilizing Automatic Memory Management (AMM)
- Resource management and tuning using Database Resource Manager
- Performance Tuning Best Practices
- Implementing best practices for performance tuning
- Proactive performance monitoring and maintenance
- Tuning for specific application types (OLTP, data warehousing, etc.)
- Performance tuning considerations in cloud environments
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- Understand the concepts and techniques of Oracle Database tuning for Oracle Database 19c.
- Be proficient in performance monitoring and diagnostics using Oracle tuning tools.
- Possess the skills to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in SQL statements.
- Have the ability to optimize indexing and table structures for improved performance.
- Understand query optimization techniques and query rewrite capabilities.
- Be familiar with memory management and resource tuning strategies.
- Possess knowledge of performance tuning best practices and considerations.
- Have the ability to apply tuning techniques to different application types and cloud environments.
The course includes hands-on labs that provide participants with practical experience in database tuning tasks. The labs cover various scenarios, allowing participants to practice performance monitoring, SQL tuning, index optimization, query optimization, memory management, and resource tuning. The labs are designed to reinforce the concepts learned during the theoretical instruction and help participants build confidence in their database tuning skills.