The Oracle 19c New Features course is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the latest features and enhancements introduced in Oracle Database 19c. Participants will explore new functionalities, performance improvements, security enhancements, and administrative capabilities introduced in this version. The course will cover a wide range of topics, allowing participants to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in Oracle Database technology.
To make the most of this course, participants should have a solid understanding of Oracle Database administration concepts and familiarity with SQL. It is recommended that participants have experience working with a previous version of Oracle Database, such as Oracle Database 12c or 18c. Knowledge of the Oracle Database 19c DBA course content would be beneficial.
The course employs a combination of theoretical instruction, demonstrations, and hands-on labs. Participants will receive detailed explanations of new features and enhancements in Oracle Database 19c, followed by practical demonstrations of their implementation. They will also have the opportunity to apply their learning in hands-on labs, gaining practical experience with the new features. The course is delivered through instructor-led sessions, allowing participants to interact, ask questions, and engage in discussions.
- Introduction to Oracle Database 19c
- Overview of Oracle Database 19c architecture
- Introduction to new features and enhancements
- Understanding the benefits and advantages of Oracle Database 19c
- Scalability and Performance Improvements
- Multitenant enhancements and improvements
- Memory management enhancements
- Performance enhancements in query processing and execution
- In-Memory Column Store improvements
- Security Enhancements
- Database security enhancements in Oracle Database 19c
- Introduction to Oracle Data Safe
- Enhanced Data Guard security features
- Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) enhancements
- High Availability and Data Guard Improvements
- New features in Oracle Data Guard for high availability and disaster recovery
- Fast-start failover enhancements
- Automatic Health Monitoring enhancements
- Data Guard Broker improvements
- Manageability and Automation
- Introduction to Autonomous Database features
- SQL Developer enhancements
- Automatic Indexing feature
- Database Maintenance Window enhancements
- Advanced SQL and PL/SQL Features
- SQL enhancements in Oracle Database 19c
- PL/SQL improvements and new features
- JSON enhancements and capabilities
- Automatic Result Cache feature
- Sharding and Database Consolidation
- Introduction to Oracle Sharding
- Database Consolidation enhancements
- Container Database (CDB) improvements
- Cross-Platform Transportable Tablespaces enhancements
- Performance Tuning and Monitoring
- SQL Performance Analyzer enhancements
- Automatic Indexing and SQL Plan Stability
- Real-Time SQL Monitoring enhancements
- Optimizer enhancements and new statistics gathering features
Upon completion of the course, participants will:
- Understand the new features and enhancements introduced in Oracle Database 19c.
- Be familiar with scalability and performance improvements in Oracle Database 19c.
- Understand the security enhancements and features for data protection.
- Be aware of the high availability and Data Guard improvements in Oracle Database 19c.
- Possess knowledge of new manageability and automation features.
- Be familiar with advanced SQL and PL/SQL features in Oracle Database 19c.
- Understand the sharding and database consolidation capabilities.
- Have the ability to utilize performance tuning and monitoring enhancements in Oracle Database 19c.
The course includes hands-on labs that provide participants with practical experience in working with the new features and enhancements of Oracle Database 19c. The labs cover various scenarios, allowing participants to practice scalability and performance improvements, security enhancements, high availability features, manageability and automation capabilities, advanced SQL and PL/SQL features, and performance tuning and monitoring enhancements. The labs are designed to reinforce the concepts learned during the theoretical instruction and help participants build confidence in utilizing the new features of Oracle Database 19c.