The Security Engineering on AWS (AWSSO) course is designed to provide participants with in-depth knowledge and practical skills in securing applications and infrastructure on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. This course is suitable for security engineers, architects, and professionals responsible for implementing and managing security measures in AWS environments. Participants will learn how to leverage AWS security services and features to protect data, networks, and applications from potential threats.
To get the most out of the Security Engineering on AWS course, participants should have:
- Basic knowledge of AWS services and architectures.
- Familiarity with common security concepts such as authentication, authorization, encryption, and network security.
- Experience working with Linux and Windows environments.
- Understanding of networking protocols and concepts.
The course utilizes a combination of instructor-led training, interactive discussions, and hands-on labs. Participants will engage in lectures, group activities, and real-world scenarios to gain a deep understanding of AWS security practices. Hands-on labs provide participants with practical experience in implementing security controls and using AWS security services effectively.
- Introduction to Security Engineering on AWS
- Overview of AWS security services and features
- Understanding shared responsibility in the AWS Shared Security Model
- Introduction to AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Securing Networks and Applications
- Network security best practices in AWS
- Implementing secure network architectures
- Securing web applications with AWS services
- Securing Data and Storage
- Encryption methods and best practices
- Implementing data protection measures in AWS
- Securing data at rest and in transit
- Incident Response and Security Assessment
- Developing an incident response plan
- Detecting and responding to security incidents in AWS
- Conducting security assessments and audits
- Infrastructure Security
- Hardening EC2 instances and securing operating systems
- Securing AWS resources with VPC, security groups, and NACLs
- Implementing secure access controls and monitoring
- Security Automation and Compliance
- Implementing security automation using AWS services
- Security monitoring and logging with AWS CloudTrail and AWS Config
- Achieving compliance in AWS environments
Upon completion of the Security Engineering on AWS course, participants will:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of AWS security services, features, and best practices
- Possess the knowledge and skills to secure networks, applications, and data in AWS environments
- Be able to design and implement secure architectures using AWS security services
- Understand incident response and security assessment methodologies in AWS
- Know how to automate security tasks and monitor security controls using AWS services
- Be prepared to take the AWS Certified Security – Specialty exam (optional)
- Gain hands-on experience in implementing security measures and using AWS security services effectively
The course includes hands-on labs and exercises to provide participants with practical experience in AWS environments. The labs will cover topics such as implementing secure network architectures, securing web applications, setting up incident response plans, and automating security tasks. The hands-on exercises are designed to reinforce the security concepts learned in the course and allow participants to apply their knowledge in real-world scenarios.