The Introduction to OpenShift Applications course provides an introduction to building and deploying applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. OpenShift is a leading Kubernetes-based platform for container orchestration and application deployment. This course is designed to familiarize developers and application architects with OpenShift concepts, tools, and best practices for containerized application development and deployment.
- Basic familiarity with Linux command-line interface (CLI) and container technology.
- Prior experience with Kubernetes or Docker is beneficial but not mandatory.
The Introduction to OpenShift Applications course employs a hands-on learning approach, combining theoretical explanations with practical demonstrations and lab exercises. Instructors will provide clear explanations of OpenShift concepts, followed by practical demonstrations to illustrate key points. The majority of the course will focus on hands-on lab exercises, allowing students to gain real-world experience building and deploying applications on the OpenShift platform.
- Introduction to OpenShift and Containers
- Overview of container technology and container orchestration
- Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift and its architecture
- Deploying Applications with OpenShift
- Understanding OpenShift projects and applications
- Deploying containerized applications using source-to-image (S2I) and Docker images
- Building Applications with OpenShift
- Configuring and managing build strategies for applications
- Creating custom Docker images for applications
- Managing Application Deployments
- Understanding rolling deployments and strategies for application updates
- Monitoring and managing application health and resources
- Networking and Services in OpenShift
- Configuring networking for applications
- Creating and managing services for load balancing and network communication
- Secrets and ConfigMaps
- Managing sensitive information using secrets
- Configuring application settings with ConfigMaps
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental concepts of container technology and container orchestration.
- Deploy containerized applications using Red Hat OpenShift.
- Build applications with OpenShift and create custom Docker images.
- Manage application deployments and updates using rolling deployment strategies.
- Configure networking and services for applications in OpenShift.
- Manage sensitive information using secrets and configure application settings with ConfigMaps.
- Deploying Applications: Students will deploy applications on OpenShift using source-to-image (S2I) and Docker images.
- Building Applications: Students will configure and manage build strategies for applications and create custom Docker images.
- Managing Application Deployments: Students will perform rolling deployments and manage application health and resources.
- Networking and Services: Students will configure networking and create services for load balancing and network communication.
- Secrets and ConfigMaps: Students will manage secrets for sensitive information and configure application settings with ConfigMaps.