Red Hat OpenStack Administration II (CL210) is an advanced course that builds on the foundational knowledge gained in CL110. This course is designed to provide students with the skills and expertise required to deploy and manage a more complex and scalable Red Hat OpenStack Platform environment. CL210 covers advanced topics such as advanced networking, storage, troubleshooting, and automation using Ansible. Through theoretical lectures, hands-on lab exercises, and real-world scenarios, students will gain the knowledge needed to administer large-scale OpenStack environments effectively.
- Successful completion of Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110) or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Familiarity with Linux system administration concepts and Red Hat OpenStack Platform components.
The CL210 course follows a blended learning approach, combining theoretical lectures, practical demonstrations, and hands-on lab exercises. Instructors will deliver comprehensive explanations of advanced OpenStack concepts, followed by demonstrations to illustrate practical implementations. The majority of the course will be devoted to hands-on lab exercises, allowing students to deploy and manage complex OpenStack environments in a simulated environment. Real-world scenarios will be used to demonstrate the application of learned concepts in large-scale cloud deployments.
- Implementing Overcloud and Undercloud
- Deploying the overcloud using Red Hat OpenStack Platform Director
- Managing the undercloud and overcloud services
- Advanced Networking Configuration
- Configuring advanced Neutron networking features, such as Quality of Service (QoS) and VPNaaS (VPN-as-a-Service)
- Implementing network automation with Heat templates
- Ceph Storage for OpenStack
- Deploying and managing Ceph storage for OpenStack block and object storage
- Integrating Ceph with OpenStack
- Advanced Troubleshooting and Monitoring
- Troubleshooting common OpenStack issues and errors
- Monitoring OpenStack services and performance
- Implementing Infrastructure Automation with Ansible
- Automating OpenStack operations using Ansible playbooks
- Implementing custom Ansible roles for OpenStack configuration
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Deploy and manage the overcloud using Red Hat OpenStack Platform Director.
- Configure advanced Neutron networking features, such as QoS and VPNaaS.
- Deploy and manage Ceph storage for OpenStack block and object storage.
- Troubleshoot common OpenStack issues and errors effectively.
- Monitor OpenStack services and performance.
- Automate OpenStack operations using Ansible playbooks and custom roles.
- Deploying the Overcloud: Students will deploy the overcloud using Red Hat OpenStack Platform Director.
- Advanced Networking Configuration: Students will configure advanced Neutron networking features and implement network automation with Heat templates.
- Ceph Storage for OpenStack: Students will deploy and manage Ceph storage for OpenStack block and object storage.
- Advanced Troubleshooting and Monitoring: Students will troubleshoot common OpenStack issues and monitor OpenStack services.
- Implementing Infrastructure Automation with Ansible: Students will automate OpenStack operations using Ansible playbooks and custom roles.