The Listening with Empathy course is designed to enhance participants’ active listening skills and develop their ability to listen with empathy. Through this course, participants will gain a deeper understanding of the role of perception and communication in effective listening. They will learn techniques to improve their listening skills, cultivate empathy, and develop perspective-taking abilities. The course emphasizes the importance of active listening in effective communication and building meaningful connections with others.
There are no specific prerequisites for this course. It is suitable for individuals at all levels who are interested in enhancing their listening skills and improving their ability to communicate empathetically. A basic understanding of interpersonal communication is beneficial but not mandatory.
The course will be delivered virtually through interactive online activities, role-plays, group discussions, and self-paced work.
Active listening skills
Perception and communication
Empathy and perspective-taking
Techniques to improve listening skills
Effective communication through listening
Building deeper connections through active listening
- Develop effective listening skills leading to deeper and meaningful connections
- Communicate more effectively through perspective-taking and empathy
- Enhance professional relationships with colleagues, team members, and clients
- Foster a positive work environment through effective communication Learn the importance of active listening in effective communication
- Understand how perception influences communication
- Discover how empathy and perspective-taking lead to deeper connections for effective communication
- Develop strategies to improve listening skills, including paraphrasing, questioning, and summarizing
- Practice active listening through role plays and exercises
The labs in this course provide participants with practical application opportunities to refine their active listening skills.
- Role-plays: Participants will engage in simulated scenarios where they practice active listening techniques and apply empathy and perspective-taking skills.
- Pair Exercises: Participants will work in pairs to practice active listening and provide constructive feedback to each other, focusing