The Networking with Windows Server course is a comprehensive program designed to provide IT professionals with the knowledge and skills to implement and manage networking solutions in Windows Server environments. This course focuses on teaching participants various networking concepts, protocols, and technologies, enabling them to design, configure, and troubleshoot networks effectively. Participants will learn how to set up and manage network infrastructure, including DHCP, DNS, VPN, and Network Policy Server (NPS), to ensure seamless communication and connectivity within their Windows Server environments.
This course is intended for IT professionals with a basic understanding of Windows Server and networking fundamentals. Participants should have prior experience in managing Windows Server environments and have basic knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
The Networking with Windows Server course follows an interactive and hands-on approach. The course includes theoretical lectures, practical demonstrations, group discussions, and hands-on labs. Instructors will provide real-world scenarios to help participants apply networking concepts in practice.
- Course Outline
- Networking Fundamentals
- Understanding networking concepts, models, and topologies
- Configuring IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and subnetting
- Implementing dynamic and static IP addressing
- Implementing and Managing DHCP
- Installing and configuring DHCP services
- Managing DHCP scopes, reservations, and options
- Monitoring and troubleshooting DHCP
- Implementing and Managing DNS
- Installing and configuring DNS services
- Creating and managing DNS zones and records
- Configuring DNS replication and troubleshooting DNS issues
- Implementing and Managing VPNs
- Configuring Remote Access and VPN connections
- Implementing VPN protocols and encryption methods
- Managing VPN clients and troubleshooting VPN connectivity
- Implementing and Managing Network Policy Server (NPS)
- Installing and configuring NPS for network access control
- Implementing Network Access Protection (NAP) policies
- Troubleshooting NPS and NAP issues
- Securing Network Communications
- Implementing Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Configuring IPsec for secure communication
- Using certificates for network authentication
By the end of the Networking with Windows Server course, participants will be able to:
- Implement and manage network infrastructure in Windows Server environments.
- Configure DHCP and DNS services for efficient network communication.
- Set up and manage VPN connections for secure remote access.
- Utilize Network Policy Server (NPS) for network access control.
- Secure network communications using Windows Firewall and IPsec.
- Configuring DHCP Services: Participants will practice setting up and managing DHCP scopes and options.
- Configuring DNS Services: Participants will work on creating and managing DNS zones and records.
- Implementing VPN Connections: Participants will configure and test remote access and VPN connections.
- Implementing Network Policy Server (NPS): Participants will set up NPS for network access control.
- Securing Network Communications: Participants will configure Windows Firewall and IPsec for secure communication.