Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RH318) is an advanced course designed for system administrators and IT professionals seeking to gain expertise in deploying, managing, and troubleshooting virtualized environments using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV). This course covers topics such as deploying RHEV infrastructure, managing virtual machines, and configuring advanced features like high availability and live migration. Participants will learn how to design and optimize virtualized environments to meet the requirements of enterprise-level workloads.
- Proficiency in Linux system administration concepts and tasks.
- Familiarity with virtualization concepts and technologies is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Prior experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) is recommended.
The RH318 course follows a blended learning approach, combining theoretical lectures, practical demonstrations, and hands-on lab exercises. Instructors will provide comprehensive explanations of RHEV concepts and features, followed by practical demonstrations to illustrate their implementation. The majority of the course will focus on hands-on lab exercises, allowing participants to gain real-world experience in deploying and managing virtualized environments using RHEV.
- Introduction to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Understanding virtualization concepts and technologies
- Introduction to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization features and components
- Deploying RHEV Infrastructure
- Installing and configuring the RHEV Manager
- Deploying RHEV Hypervisor hosts
- Managing Virtual Machines
- Creating and managing virtual machines (VMs)
- Configuring virtual machine resources and features
- Advanced RHEV Configuration
- Implementing RHEV storage domains and data centers
- Configuring advanced RHEV networking
- High Availability and Live Migration
- Configuring high availability and live migration for VMs
- Performing live migration of VMs
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand virtualization concepts and the features of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
- Deploy RHEV infrastructure, including the RHEV Manager and Hypervisor hosts.
- Create and manage virtual machines, configuring resources and features.
- Implement advanced RHEV configurations, including storage domains and networking.
- Configure high availability and live migration for virtual machines.
- Deploying RHEV Infrastructure: Participants will install and configure the RHEV Manager and deploy RHEV Hypervisor hosts.
- Managing Virtual Machines: Participants will create and manage virtual machines, configuring resources and features.
- Advanced RHEV Configuration: Participants will implement RHEV storage domains and data centers, as well as configure advanced networking.
- High Availability and Live Migration: Participants will configure high availability and perform live migration of virtual machines.