Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes (DO180) is an introductory course that provides hands-on training for developers and administrators to understand and work with container technology and the Kubernetes container orchestration platform. The course focuses on building containerized applications and deploying them on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. Participants will learn essential container concepts, how to containerize applications, manage container images, and deploy them on Kubernetes clusters using OpenShift.
- Basic familiarity with Linux command-line interface (CLI) and container technology is beneficial but not required.
- Prior experience with Kubernetes or OpenShift is not necessary.
The DO180 course follows a blended learning approach, combining theoretical lectures, practical demonstrations, and hands-on lab exercises. Instructors will provide comprehensive explanations of container concepts, Kubernetes, and OpenShift. The majority of the course will focus on hands-on lab exercises, allowing participants to gain real-world experience building, deploying, and managing containerized applications on OpenShift.
- Introduction to Containers
- Understanding container technology and its benefits
- Introduction to Docker and container images
- Building Containerized Applications
- Creating and managing Docker container images
- Configuring and using Dockerfile for application containerization
- Managing Containerized Applications
- Deploying and managing containers on local systems
- Managing container lifecycle and Docker networking
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Understanding Kubernetes and its architecture
- Deploying and managing a Kubernetes cluster
- Deploying Applications on Kubernetes
- Deploying and managing applications on Kubernetes using YAML manifests
- Scaling, updating, and rolling back applications
- Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Understanding OpenShift and its features
- Deploying and accessing applications on OpenShift
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand container technology and the benefits of containerization.
- Create and manage Docker container images for applications.
- Use Dockerfile to containerize applications effectively.
- Deploy and manage containers on local systems using Docker.
- Deploy and manage applications on Kubernetes clusters.
- Deploy and access applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- Building Containerized Applications: Participants will create and manage Docker container images for applications.
- Managing Containerized Applications: Participants will deploy and manage containers on local systems using Docker.
- Deploying Applications on Kubernetes: Participants will deploy and manage applications on Kubernetes clusters using YAML manifests.
- Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift: Participants will deploy and access applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.