The Securing Windows Server 2016 course is a comprehensive program designed to equip IT professionals with the knowledge and skills to secure Windows Server 2016 environments effectively. This course focuses on teaching participants various security principles, best practices, and techniques to safeguard server infrastructures against potential cyber threats and vulnerabilities. Participants will learn how to implement security features, configure access controls, protect data, and monitor server activity to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of critical resources.
This course is intended for IT professionals with a basic understanding of Windows Server 2016 and networking concepts. Participants should have prior experience in managing Windows Server environments and basic knowledge of security fundamentals.
The Securing Windows Server 2016 course follows an interactive and hands-on approach. The course includes theoretical lectures, practical demonstrations, group discussions, and hands-on labs. Instructors will provide real-world scenarios to help participants apply security concepts in practice.
Introduction to Windows Server Security
- Understanding the importance of server security
- Exploring Windows Server 2016 security features and enhancements
- Identifying common security threats and vulnerabilities
Securing Network Infrastructure
- Implementing network security best practices
- Configuring firewalls and network access controls
- Utilizing virtual private networks (VPNs) for secure remote access
Managing User Access and Authentication
- Implementing Active Directory Domain Services for user management
- Configuring user account controls and password policies
- Utilizing Group Policy for centralized security settings
Securing Data and File Access
- Implementing file and folder permissions and auditing
- Encrypting data with BitLocker and other encryption methods
- Protecting sensitive data with Dynamic Access Control (DAC)
Implementing Advanced Security Measures
- Configuring Windows Firewall with Advanced Security (WFAS)
- Utilizing Windows Defender and other antimalware solutions
- Implementing Device Guard and Credential Guard for enhanced security
Monitoring and Responding to Security Incidents
- Implementing Windows Event Forwarding for centralized log management
- Analyzing security logs and detecting suspicious activities
- Developing an incident response plan for effective handling of security breaches
By the end of the Securing Windows Server 2016 course, participants will be able to:
- Implement security features and best practices to protect Windows Server 2016 environments.
- Configure network access controls, firewalls, and VPNs for secure communication.
- Manage user access and authentication using Active Directory Domain Services.
- Secure data and file access through encryption, permissions, and Dynamic Access Control.
- Implement advanced security measures, including Windows Defender and Device Guard.
- Monitor server activity and respond effectively to security incidents.
- Configuring Network Security: Participants will practice setting up firewalls and network access controls.
- User Access and Authentication: Participants will work on user account controls and password policies.
- Data Encryption and File Permissions: Participants will implement file and folder permissions and encryption.
- Advanced Security Configurations: Participants will configure Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and Windows Defender.
- Incident Response Plan: Participants will develop an incident response plan and practice handling security breaches.