The Communication Skills course is designed to enhance participants’ ability to effectively communicate in various professional and personal contexts. The course focuses on developing essential communication skills such as listening, speaking, writing, and non-verbal communication. Participants will learn practical techniques to convey messages clearly, build rapport, resolve conflicts, and present ideas confidently.
There are no specific prerequisites for the Communication Skills course. It is suitable for individuals at all levels of an organization who wish to improve their communication abilities. Participants should have a basic understanding of the English language and possess a willingness to actively engage in the learning process.
The course utilizes a combination of interactive lectures, group discussions, role-playing exercises, case studies, and practical activities. Participants will engage in hands-on exercises to practice and refine their communication skills. The course encourages active participation, feedback, and reflection to foster a supportive and engaging learning environment.
Introduction & Understanding Communication
Expectations and Icebreaker activity – Definition of communication – Elements of communication Types of communication
Listening Skills &Verbal Communication Skills
Active listening techniques – Barriers to effective listening – Practice exercises – Communicating clearly and effectively – Dealing with difficult conversations – Impact of tone and phrasing
Nonverbal Communication Skills
Understanding body language – Using non-verbal to convey messages – Interpreting non-verbal cues
Written Communication Skill
Principles of effective written communication – Types of written communication (emails, letters, memos, etc.) – Writing for different audiences
Communication in the Workplace
Workplace communication styles – best practices for effective workplace communication -Dealing with workplace conflict
Understanding cultural differences in communication – Adapting communication style for different cultures
Public Speaking and Presenting
Basics of public speaking – Tips for effective presentations, Handling nerves and anxiety
Upon completion of the Communication Skills course, participants can expect to:
- Develop effective communication strategies to express ideas clearly and concisely.
- Enhance active listening skills to understand and respond to others effectively.
- Build rapport and establish positive relationships through effective interpersonal communication.
- Present ideas confidently and persuasively in various professional settings.
- Write clear and concise messages, including emails, reports, and other business documents.
- Resolve conflicts and handle challenging conversations with tact and empathy.
- Adapt communication styles to effectively engage with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Navigate virtual communication platforms and tools to communicate effectively in remote work environments.
The Communication Skills course incorporates practical labs and activities to allow participants to apply their learning in real-life scenarios. These labs may include:
- Role-playing exercises where participants practice various communication techniques in simulated workplace situations.
- Group discussions and case studies to analyze and provide feedback on effective and ineffective communication examples.
- Written communication exercises to practice crafting clear and concise messages.
- Presentation exercises to deliver speeches and presentations with guidance and feedback from peers and instructors.