The Developing Applications Using Cisco Core Platforms and APIs (DEVCOR) course, specifically the 350-901 exam, focuses on providing participants with the knowledge and skills to develop applications using Cisco core platforms and APIs. This course is designed for individuals seeking to enhance their software development capabilities and understand how to leverage Cisco technologies for application development. The course covers topics such as network programmability, APIs, Cisco platforms and services, application deployment, and security.
To enroll in the DEVCOR 350-901 course, participants should have a strong foundation in programming concepts and software development. Familiarity with a programming language such as Python, along with basic networking knowledge, is highly recommended. It is beneficial to have completed the Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification or possess equivalent knowledge.
The DEVCOR 350-901 course employs a blended learning approach, combining theoretical concepts with hands-on practical exercises. The course materials are delivered through instructor-led lectures, interactive discussions, and demonstrations. Participants will have access to lab exercises and simulation tools to reinforce their understanding of the course material.
- Understanding and Using APIs
- Introduction to APIs and their role in application development
- Working with RESTful APIs and their protocols (HTTP, JSON)
- Authentication and authorization mechanisms for APIs
- Handling API errors and exceptions
- Cisco Platforms and APIs
- Overview of Cisco platforms and services for application development
- Utilizing Cisco DNA Center APIs for network automation and management
- Leveraging Cisco Webex APIs for collaboration and communication applications
- Exploring Cisco Meraki APIs for network monitoring and management
- Application Deployment and Infrastructure
- Containerization concepts and tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Deploying applications using containers and orchestration platforms
- Leveraging cloud platforms for application deployment
- Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) concepts and practices
- Network Programmability
- Understanding network programmability concepts (NETCONF, RESTCONF, gRPC)
- Exploring network automation tools and frameworks
- Using Python libraries (such as Netmiko and NAPALM) for network automation
- Applying infrastructure automation using APIs and scripting
- Security and Compliance
- Introduction to application security principles and practices
- Implementing secure coding practices and handling vulnerabilities
- Working with security APIs and frameworks
- Addressing compliance requirements in application development
Upon completion of the DEVCOR 350-901 course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and utilize APIs for application development.
- Develop applications using Cisco platforms and services.
- Deploy applications using containerization and cloud platforms.
- Implement network programmability for network automation and management.
- Apply security best practices in application development.
- Address compliance requirements in application development.
The DEVCOR 350-901 course includes practical labs to provide participants with hands-on experience in application development using Cisco platforms and APIs. Some of the labs may include:
- Interacting with RESTful APIs and retrieving data from external sources.
- Integrating an application with Cisco DNA Center APIs for network automation.
- Developing a collaboration application using Cisco Webex APIs.
- Deploying applications using containerization tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Implementing network automation scripts using Python libraries (Netmiko, NAPALM).
- Building a secure application and incorporating security APIs and frameworks.
- Addressing compliance requirements in application development.