The Developing Applications and Automating Workflows using Cisco Platforms (DEVASC) course, specifically the 200-901 exam, focuses on equipping participants with the skills and knowledge to develop and automate applications using Cisco platforms. This course is ideal for individuals looking to enhance their programming abilities and understand how to leverage Cisco technologies for application development and workflow automation. The course covers topics such as software development fundamentals, APIs (Application Programming Interfaces), automation and orchestration tools, infrastructure and platform services, and security.
There are no strict prerequisites for the DEVASC 200-901 course. However, a basic understanding of networking concepts and programming fundamentals is recommended. Familiarity with a programming language such as Python, along with experience in using Cisco networking technologies, will be beneficial.
The DEVASC 200-901 course adopts a blended learning approach, combining theoretical concepts with practical hands-on experience. The course materials are delivered through instructor-led lectures, interactive discussions, and demonstrations. Participants will also have access to lab exercises and simulation tools to practice and reinforce their understanding of the course material.
- Software Development and Design
- Understanding software development methodologies
- Exploring programming concepts and languages
- Working with data structures and algorithms
- Implementing object-oriented programming
- Understanding and Using APIs
- Introduction to APIs and their importance in application development
- Working with RESTful APIs
- Utilizing authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Parsing and manipulating API responses
- Cisco Platforms and Development
- Overview of Cisco platforms and technologies for application development
- Using Cisco Webex APIs for collaboration applications
- Leveraging Cisco Meraki APIs for network automation
- Exploring Cisco DNA Center APIs for network management
- Application Deployment and Infrastructure
- Containerization and virtualization concepts
- Deploying applications using containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Utilizing cloud platforms for application deployment
- Understanding infrastructure-as-code concepts
- Automation and Orchestration
- Exploring automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Building workflows using automation and orchestration tools
- Using scripting languages (Python) for automation
- Implementing network automation and orchestration
- Security and Compliance
- Understanding security concepts and challenges in application development
- Implementing secure coding practices
- Working with security APIs and frameworks
- Addressing compliance requirements in application development
Upon completion of the DEVASC 200-901 course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and apply software development fundamentals and programming concepts.
- Develop applications using APIs and integrate them with Cisco platforms.
- Deploy and manage applications using containerization and virtualization technologies.
- Automate workflows and processes using various automation and orchestration tools.
- Leverage Cisco platforms and APIs for collaboration, network automation, and management.
- Implement security best practices in application development.
- Address compliance requirements in application development and automation.
The DEVASC 200-901 course includes hands-on labs to provide participants with practical experience in application development and workflow automation. Some of the labs may include:
- Building a basic application using a programming language (e.g., Python).
- Working with RESTful APIs and retrieving data from external sources.
- Integrating an application with Cisco Webex APIs for collaboration features.
- Deploying applications using containerization tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Implementing network automation scripts using Ansible or other automation tools.
- Developing a basic security application and integrating it with security APIs.
- Building an application with compliance requirements and ensuring adherence.