The Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure – Advanced (DCACIA) course is designed for network engineers and administrators who have experience with Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and want to further enhance their knowledge and skills. This advanced-level course focuses on advanced ACI concepts, implementation best practices, and troubleshooting techniques.
To enroll in the DCACIA course, participants should meet the following prerequisites:
- Completion of the Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure – Basic (DCACI) course or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Understanding of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, VLANs, and routing protocols.
- Familiarity with data center architecture and virtualization technologies.
- Basic understanding of Cisco Nexus switches and Cisco ACI.
The DCACIA course combines theoretical lectures with hands-on lab exercises to provide a comprehensive learning experience. The course is instructor-led, and participants will have access to real-world scenarios and use cases. The learning methodology includes:
- Lectures: In-depth explanations of advanced ACI concepts and implementation strategies.
- Demonstrations: Live demonstrations of ACI features and configurations.
- Hands-on Labs: Participants will work on lab exercises using a virtual ACI environment to reinforce their understanding and gain practical experience.
- ACI Fabric Design and Deployment Best Practices
- Advanced ACI fabric architecture
- ACI fabric scalability and resilience
- ACI fabric high availability and redundancy
- Advanced Tenant Networking and Policy Management
- Advanced endpoint group (EPG) configurations
- Contracts and filters for advanced policy enforcement
- Advanced bridging and routing in ACI
- Advanced Application Networking and Security Services
- Integration of Layer 4-7 services in ACI
- Advanced load balancing and traffic steering
- Microsegmentation and application security in ACI
- Advanced Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- ACI fabric health monitoring and diagnostics
- Troubleshooting tools and methodologies
- Advanced troubleshooting scenarios and case studies
- Advanced Programmability and Automation
- ACI REST API and Python scripting
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Cisco ACI
- Advanced automation and orchestration with ACI
Upon completion of the DCACIA course, participants will be able to:
- Design and deploy advanced ACI fabric architectures.
- Implement advanced tenant networking and policy management in ACI.
- Integrate Layer 4-7 services and security in ACI.
- Monitor and troubleshoot ACI fabric using advanced tools and techniques.
- Utilize programmability and automation to streamline ACI operations.
The DCACIA course includes several hands-on labs that allow participants to apply their knowledge and skills in a practical environment. Some of the lab exercises may include:
- Configuring advanced EPG and contract configurations.
- Implementing microsegmentation and application security policies.
- Integrating Layer 4-7 services and load balancing in ACI.
- Monitoring fabric health and troubleshooting common ACI issues.
- Using REST API and Python scripts to automate ACI configurations.