The Securing the Web with Cisco Web Security Appliance (SWSA) course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to effectively secure web traffic using Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA). Participants will learn how to deploy, configure, and administer the Cisco WSA to protect against web-based threats, enforce web usage policies, and ensure secure web browsing for users.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking concepts.
- Understanding of basic network security principles.
- Knowledge of web protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS.
- Experience with Cisco networking devices and configuration.
- Familiarity with Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) is beneficial but not mandatory.
The course will utilize a combination of instructor-led lectures, hands-on labs, and group discussions. Participants will have access to a virtual lab environment where they can practice configuring and managing the Cisco WSA. The instructor will provide guidance, demonstrations, and real-world examples to facilitate understanding and practical application of the course material.
Introduction to Cisco Web Security Appliance
Overview of web security challenges and solutions
Introduction to Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA) architecture and features
Licensing and deployment options for Cisco WSA
Configuring Web Proxy Services
Configuring network settings and proxy services on Cisco WSA
Implementing access policies and web filtering
Enforcing acceptable use policies and URL filtering
Authentication and Authorization
Configuring user authentication options
Integrating with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for authentication
Implementing access control policies based on user and group identities
Malware and Threat Protection
Understanding web-based threats and malware types
Configuring anti-malware scanning and protection
Implementing Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) integration
Data Security and Encryption
Implementing data loss prevention (DLP) policies
Configuring HTTPS decryption and inspection
Enforcing encryption policies and SSL/TLS controls
Reporting and Monitoring
Utilizing reporting tools and logs for web traffic analysis
Configuring real-time monitoring and alerts
Generating and interpreting reports for security analysis
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key features and architecture of Cisco Web Security Appliance (WSA)
- Deploy and configure Cisco WSA to secure web traffic
- Implement web filtering and access control policies
- Configure user authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Protect against web-based threats and malware
- Enforce data security and encryption policies
- Utilize monitoring and reporting tools for web traffic analysis
The course includes hands-on labs that provide participants with practical experience in configuring and managing the Cisco Web Security Appliance. Some of the lab exercises may include:
- Initial setup and configuration of Cisco WSA
- Configuring web proxy services and access policies
- Implementing user authentication and integrating with Cisco ISE
- Enabling anti-malware scanning and Cisco AMP integration
- Configuring data loss prevention (DLP) policies
- Monitoring web traffic and generating reports