The Implementing Automation for Cisco Service Provider Solutions (SPAUI) course is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills required to implement automation solutions in Cisco Service Provider environments. Participants will learn how to leverage automation tools and technologies to streamline service provider operations, improve efficiency, and enhance the management of Cisco Service Provider solutions.
- Familiarity with Cisco Service Provider technologies and architectures.
- Understanding of networking concepts, including IP routing and MPLS.
- Knowledge of programming fundamentals and scripting languages.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and web technologies.
- Familiarity with network management and monitoring tools is beneficial but not mandatory.
The course will utilize a combination of instructor-led lectures, hands-on labs, and interactive discussions. Participants will have access to virtual lab environments where they can practice implementing automation solutions using Cisco Service Provider platforms and tools. The instructor will provide guidance, demonstrations, and real-world examples to facilitate understanding and practical application of the course material.
Introduction to Automation for Cisco Service Provider Solutions
Overview of automation concepts and benefits in Cisco Service Provider
Introduction to Cisco Service Provider platforms and tools for automation
Understanding the role of APIs and programmability in Service Provider solutions
Automating Cisco IOS-XR
Configuring and automating device provisioning with APIs
Implementing automated service activation and configuration management
Automating network-wide policies and MPLS configurations
Automation of Cisco ASR9K Routers
Configuring and automating network device provisioning with ASR9K routers
Implementing automated MPLS and segment routing (SR) configurations
Automating service provisioning and activation with ASR9K routers
Automation of Cisco SP Network Services
Configuring and automating network services using NSO (Network Services Orchestrator)
Implementing automation for VPN services and MPLS traffic engineering
Integrating NSO with external systems and workflows
Automation of Service Provider Workflows
Implementing automation for service provider workflows using APIs
Developing custom scripts and applications for Service Provider solutions
Leveraging automation for reporting, monitoring, and troubleshooting
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts and benefits of automation in Cisco Service Provider solutions
- Implement automation solutions for Cisco IOS-XR devices
- Automate network device provisioning and service activation in ASR9K routers
- Configure and automate network services using NSO (Network Services Orchestrator)
- Develop custom scripts and applications for Service Provider workflows
- Utilize automation for reporting, monitoring, and troubleshooting in Service Provider environments
The course includes hands-on labs that provide participants with practical experience in implementing automation solutions for Cisco Service Provider environments. Some of the lab exercises may include:
- Configuring and automating device provisioning with Cisco IOS-XR
- Implementing service activation and configuration management automation
- Automating MPLS and segment routing (SR) configurations with ASR9K routers
- Configuring and automating VPN services and MPLS traffic engineering
- Developing custom scripts and applications for Service Provider workflows
- Troubleshooting and monitoring Service Provider environments using automation tools